1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

new babies of 2012 - January!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by sj1981, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Hi Minniec
    Thought it was about time I joined a conversation! When is your baby due? Im expecting our first baby 17 Jan (7 + 1). Very excited! How has your pregnancy gone so far?

2. Hi Mellogs, sounds like your baby is due the same date as mine :) I too am feeling very nauseous at random times in the day...and hunger pains!

3. We're date buddies!! I wasn't sure if my hunger pains were due to pregnancy or just my general greediness!!

4. Hi I'm new to this. I'm only 5 1/2 weeks pregnant so not due until 30th January. Seems like a lifetime away!

5. Hi all,
    I'm 6 weeks pregnant after 4 years of trying and 1 round of IVF- so very excited! Just had 6 week scan and seen baby (1.3cm!) and its heartbeat- so amazing!
    I'm due 24th Jan. No sickness yet, just constant hunger and adversion to all sweets and chocolate- so not fair! I've already had to buy maternity bras (gone up 3 cup sizes) and need new trousers- the IVF treatment left me with swollen ovaries so I sort of look 3 months pregnant already!
    LT

6. Glad I'm not the only 1. I feel like I want to eat constantly. I'm so glad it's half term (I only found out on Friday, hopefully when I'm back at work next week I won't be in a position to keep eating & will be able to distract myself!

7. How are we all doing ladies? I've woken up feeling sick a few morning on the trot now, but touch wood, nothing too serious. Soooo tired though... Trying to get ahead of myself with reports before sickness sets in... (I'm 6+1 now).
    Booked myself in for a private scan two weeks today (hubby wouldn't let us tell anyone until we'd had some reassurance and I am dying to tell my parents!!!) and have got my booking in appointment a few days after the scan - just keeping everything crossed until then.
    Am going to have to tell my Head next week as I need time off for the midwife... [​IMG]

8. Congratulations Little Tigger!

Toobusybyfar - I'm so tired too, I really can't face going into work - I just want to curl up and go to sleep!!
    I need to tell my head also for time off to see the midwife, I didn't really want anyone to know but there's no way round it.

I hope everything goes well for you at the private scan - I'm quite tempted to book myself in, don't think I can wait another 5 weeks.

9. Our scan was fab- well worth seeing the heartbeat! We've just told my in-laws- they cried! They've been sworn to secrecy until 12 weeks tho- don't want the rest of the family finding out too early.
    My Head has been really supportive, but he has known we've been trying for ages- and was pleased with my news. Melloggs, hope your head is as understanding!
    Off to sleep- so tired! Luckily I've got 3 more days of half term to go...
    LT

10. violingirl

violingirl New commenter

Congratulations Little Tigger!
    I am in a similar position to you. 4 years trying then successful on 2nd IVF. Due in December 2011. Wishing you a stress free and happy, healthy pregnancy.

11. Hieveryone...
    nice to see their are going to be more babies born in the new year.. I am due 12th Jan... still seems a lifetime away! Constantly tired. I think we mustbe in the worst industry for dealing with early pregnancy. It is so tiring running around after little ones all day without being tired too!
    I still dont quite belive things yet? Does anyone else feel the same? Until I can see something... keep thinking I am imagining things!

12. GemLP

GemLP New commenter

Hi guys!
    Just hijacking your thread to say congrats and WOW now I feel really pregnant as it seemed like only yesterday I joined the Autumn 2011 thread - (due 23rd Sept!)
    Good luck everyone - those suffering with morning (noon and night sickness!!) try and eat little and often - always have a stash of chocolate or biscuits nearby [​IMG]
    Also tell the school when you are ready and arrange a risk assessment - they wont necessarily be proactive about arranging one for you - you are entitled to quite a bit, and at this delicate stage all the support you can get is worthwhile!!! Just from experience as I had such ahuge battle to even get them to do one....
    Lots of love xx