1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New AQA trilogy physics specification content

Discussion in 'Science' started by lwteswork, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Am I dreaming? Does the new physics spec not cover convection and only do radiation for full physics not trilogy??? But then the thermal radiation required practical is for trilogy students too? Really?

2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

The new AQA Science specifications are awful. The Chemistry one is a complete mess.

3. hypnotisedchicken

hypnotisedchicken New commenter

I brought this up with AQA when they moved the radiation practical from Physics only to Trilogy. They could give me no satisfactory answer - tried telling me that radiation was in Trilogy too. I insisted that the practical was inappropriate in Trilogy as the effect of the nature of a surface on radiation rate is in the Physics spec only. They then admitted they were aware of the problem, but would be leaving it. It's all because the whole process was so rushed that this happened. Shocking state of affairs.