1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New AQA A level grade boundaries

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by Deb178, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Deb178

Deb178 New commenter

Hi all

Does anyone have any idea what the grade boundaries are likely to be for the AS papers? I am regularly marking case studies which are out of 25 (one 9 mark and one 16 mark question) and would like to be clear on how many marks I should be expecting an A/B/C/D grade student to be getting out of 25. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Debs

2. sirspamalotless

sirspamalotless Occasional commenter

Look in the back of any examiner's report for each exam. You'll see the raw and UMS marks there for past exams.

3. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

If you are talking about using past papers, then the grade boundaries per year/per subject are very clear. If, however, you are using a new specification for new examinations, then contact the exam board for their preliminary breakdown.

(I teach Classics - when I give past papers, I look at the grade boundaries for the specific paper as published by the exam board I use (OCR) per year and per paper - both for GCSE and AS/A-level. HOWEVER, if you are working to a new specification (due to the various changes) you need to contact the exam board to get a rough idea but until the new specification is examined, marked and reported upon, you can only use common sense to determine a letter grade).

4. Busimiss

Busimiss New commenter

With the new AQA it is not really clear. Contact Guildford.