1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Applied General Business AQA

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by poulter76, Mar 6, 2018.

1. poulter76

poulter76 New commenter

Hi is anyone teaching unit 8 and 5 on this new course? my colleague and I would really like to bounce some ideas / talk to people about the new course content etc and the templates.
    thanks
    Lesley

2. dstokem

dstokem New commenter

I am teaching both of these units at the moment and may be of some help to you. Get in touch. I have finished up to Unit 5 PO2 and the students are at present completing their research for Unit 8.

3. snoozing_insomniac

snoozing_insomniac New commenter

I am also teaching both of these units to year 13 and would like to discuss ideas and approaches to the course content. I have managed to get hold of some PowerPoints fromTime2 Resources, which have provided some help, but I still feel like I need to find out a lot more,

I'm a little more confident about the Unit 2 work my year 12s are doing at the moment, but would welcome any discussion of this Unit, too.

4. poulter76

poulter76 New commenter

Sorry I missed your reply I have used the the PO1 and PO2 standardisation material from AQA and that massively helped but not at sea that getting PO3 & 4 correct, I am close to the end but wondered how you had tackled the detail in these I feel I am repeating things....?? In terms of activities and hoping milestones are appropriate - how you doing with it?

5. poulter76

poulter76 New commenter

Sorry I missed your reply I have used the the PO1 and PO2 standardisation material from AQA and that massively helped but not at sea that getting PO3 & 4 correct, I am close to the end but wondered how you had tackled the detail in these I feel I am repeating things....?? In terms of activities and hoping milestones are appropriate - how you doing with it?

I hope you are sorted on Unit 2 we sent in an early sample in January for some reassurance and we got through on it so pleased there - any specifics on unit 2 I can help with?

6. Dariddle211

Dariddle211 New commenter

We are about to start the unit. It very difficult to piece together properly. We are looking to visit some businesses and get some in too to help our students understand.

7. missd27

missd27 New commenter

Hi. Does anyone have any resources for Unit 4 - Managing and leading people. The SOW is really frustrating and doesn't seem to match the content of the specimen exam papers

8. poulter76

poulter76 New commenter

Hi my colleague and I share this unit and teach to the January exam on it. We split the unit between us (also some cross over with Unit 5 Eg the Business canvas model so watch that as well). We follow two threads each. I don’t have with me at the min at home but I can send over how we do this / split it....any good?

9. business121

business121 New commenter

Hello All,

I am new to teaching this qualification. I will be starting the optional unit very soon. Does anybody have any experience in teaching the optional unit, I would love to get in contact and get some feedback on my approach.