1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New and need ideas for a micro teach

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by MissyM00, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Hi I'm new to the site and hope to be accepted onto a qts course this September. For one of my interviews I have to present a 5 min micro teach with no equipment or handouts, so basically just talking for the whole time. Has anyone else done this? Everything I have thought of would require some sort of prop or extra material. I've done micro teaches in the past with material to hand out and go alongside the topic with no problem but this one is throwing me for six. Any help would be appreciated :)

2. susiejay

susiejay Administrator

Primary or secondary? If secondary what subject?

3. Thanks for the quick reply :)
    It's primary and on any thing at all lol.

4. I'm on a presentation panel for GTP applicants within the next few weeks. It's secondary, and therefore couldn't possibly be yours. However, what's to say someone who reads this forum won't be on your presentation/interview panel? Someone comes along, gives you a great idea, you go with it, the person on the panel recognises it and then asks you if it was your own idea ... what are you going to say? I would suggest that, no matter what your answer is, it won't leave you in a particularly good light.

5. Hi and thankyou for your reply. I wasn't looking for ideas on the presentation more advice on the delivery as its really confussed me. I think it would be better to do a subject I feel competent with rather than something someone on here has suggested but the whole no props thing is a lot more difficult than I thought. My general question was if anyone else had done this type of interview how they had gone about it. X however I appreciate your advice and hope you have a good weekend