1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New A-level/IBDP/AP chemistry website in the works...

Discussion in 'Science' started by jamesapps, Jan 2, 2020.

1. jamesapps

jamesapps New commenter

Hi All,

Happy 2020! I wanted to share with you a new website I am working on at www.learningchem.co.uk/

It is intended to support dedicated students and early-career chemistry teachers, presenting the fundamentals of chemistry at a slightly more in-depth level than normal (from what I can tell during my nine years of A-level and IBDP experience at least). It draws on many of the discussions I had with students who wanted to know more. I have only uploaded two articles at present (since Dec 2019) and plan to upload others (covering all the main areas of chemistry) when I get the time to write them. It is a side-project of mine, completely free to view. I probably have a few dozen articles planned. More info is provided on my site.

Thanks!

msuxg likes this.
  2. citct

citct New commenter

3. jamesapps

jamesapps New commenter

I began looking for the symbols I needed from various frameworks/libraries and realised everything is available from HTML.

Yes, I will certainly add web feeds in the near future to make it easier for readers. Your feedback is appreciated, thanks.

What's coming up: atomic structure and bonding, and then linking this with spectroscopy.