1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Never satisfied

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by stevencarrwork, Jan 13, 2012.

1. A recent quote from Ofsted.

' "Although teaching has been judged to be inadequate this year in just 3% of schools, it is a serious concern that teaching in over 40% of primary and secondary schools is no better than satisfactory and is only outstanding in around 4%."'

I looked up 'satisfactory' in my dictionary but I wasn't satisfied with the answer I got. Trust me to buy a dictionary that was satisfactory. I won't make that mistake again!

Oftsed won't be satisfied until 80% of teachers are above the median level.

2. A recent quote from Ofsted.

' "Although teaching has been judged to be inadequate this year in just 3% of schools, it is a serious concern that teaching in over 40% of primary and secondary schools is no better than satisfactory and is only outstanding in around 4%."'

I looked up 'satisfactory' in my dictionary but I wasn't satisfied with the answer I got. Trust me to buy a dictionary that was satisfactory. I won't make that mistake again!

Oftsed won't be satisfied until 80% of teachers are above the median level.

3. pipipi

pipipi New commenter

I wonder what English depts think of the Ofsted version of Satisfactory!

It seems as if Satisfactory is a bit like Scooby Doo. The fsted inspector wants to fail the teacher and would have got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky kids!