1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Netball help

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by dollymixtures, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Next term I am teaching netball to year 5s. But the problem is im not too hot on the rules of the game or some fun ideas/warmups/games to use with them to help me teach it! If anyone can help or offer some words of wisdom, i would be eternally grateful!! x

2. Next term I am teaching netball to year 5s. But the problem is im not too hot on the rules of the game or some fun ideas/warmups/games to use with them to help me teach it! If anyone can help or offer some words of wisdom, i would be eternally grateful!! x

3. Hey!

The best place to get hold the rules is the all england netball association website, which is www.aena.co.uk (I think!)

What skills are you looking to teach? Do they have any idea of the game at all?
    I teach Year one but am a qualified coach so let me know if you want any help... maybe be a little more specific about what you want to do!

:eek:)xx

4. Hi smiley chick!
    Im teaching year 5. They have no idea of the rules, but we will only be playing mini games. The thing im stuck on are ideas to teach the basic skills-like what fun games could they play to enable me to teach catching/defending/attacking, that sort of thing! Any ideas gratefully recieved!

5. Hi there DollyMixtures!
    I'm not sure if this will be of any help but if you send me an email address I have a presentation full of fun drills and exercises for netball. I am a coach, as well as county and ex-uni 1sts player. ' work in a school as a student support assistant within the PE department and have just finished a six week block of netball with GSCE group!
    Let me know if this I can be of help.
    Kate

6. hi, I am student teaching, final year. At the moment I am on teaching practise and i really need help with fun ideas/activities to teach netball skills, defending, attacking and throwing etc.
    If any one could post ideas i would be so grateful
    Thanks x

7. I've just taken on netball in my school, and have a friendly tournament in 6 weeks playing 5-a-side. I don't have any rules for this, and can't find any on the 'England Netball site'.
    Can anyone help?????
    Tissy

8. The rules for High Five as its called are the same as those for seven-a-side except you drop two players. Your play without a WA and WD. The GS and GK then play as GA and GD (i.e they can go in the centre third not just the respective goal thirds!)
    Hope this is some help
    Pxx

9. pumpkingirl

pumpkingirl New commenter

Hey there Pobsical (kate)

I read your message regarding netball ideas/drills. I know this was posted 2005 but I would be very interested in a copy of your presentation. My email is bckygroves@gmail.com I am currently in Korea and we are focusing on setting up some sort of netball programme here. I would find this very helpful. Thanks

Kind regards,

Becky

10. I will be helping with the netball team in our school next year and would love a copy of your presentation.The kids have got the rules but it we need to spread out,communicate,watch other players.Any tips on how to move forward would be excellent.
    facup1973@hotmail.com

11. You should be teaching high 5 not netball though very much the same!

12. Hello I am helping teach netball at my daughters primary school to children who are 9 and 10 years of age and I don't have any experience in teaching netball but I did play at school and have experience that way but any help would be greatly appreciated.

13. Hi Pobsical (kate)

I noticed your message regarding netball ideas/drills. Would I be able to have a copy of your presentation please?
    My address is ace75ace@aol.com
    Thanks
    x

14. Chavit

Chavit New commenter

15. Hello to anyone that may be listening. I am a PGCE student about to teach my first ever PE lesson- year 4 netball- I really nervous and have no idea what to teach. They have already covered passes, moving up the court and touched on marking partners, they have started playing little games too. But I have no idea about rules etc.
    Any help would be much appreciated- thank you :)