1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new look TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

Netball coaching primary school

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by crazymum, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Hi, I have, for my sins, volunteered to coach netball to the girls (6-10 years old) in our little village primary school and as it has been a number of years since I last played, I am looking for any tips, ideas, advice on how to coach - ie where to start! I have been given the rules which has been helpful.
    All advice welcomed! many thanks

2. Hi, I have, for my sins, volunteered to coach netball to the girls (6-10 years old) in our little village primary school and as it has been a number of years since I last played, I am looking for any tips, ideas, advice on how to coach - ie where to start! I have been given the rules which has been helpful.
    All advice welcomed! many thanks

3. Rakell

Rakell New commenter

Hi i am glad someone else is struggling i have voluteered to coach secondary school kids S1 - S3 netball its a nightmare.... Struggling for drills and fun warm ups.
    The three man weave is quite good to play like you would do in basketball but without bouncing the ball just to practice their passing and shooting skills.

4. send me your email address and I'll send you lots of ideas,

Chris

5. We've got quite a few netball resources in our Resources area. I've put a link in this post to a list of resources which might be helpful for your coaching.
    Netball resources
    Best wishes
    Gail