1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NESA accreditation

Discussion in 'Australia - Staffroom' started by sineaddurkin, Mar 28, 2018.

1. sineaddurkin

sineaddurkin New commenter

Hi,

I was hoping somebody on here might be able to help me as I can't find anything online for my situation!

I'm currently in Sydney on a working holiday visa. I have a bachelor of education in primary teaching with 7 years experience (2 years in Ireland, 5 years in UK- 2 and a half of which as Key Stage One manager)

I've applied for accreditation with NESA and have submitted all of the certified documents, including my Working With Children Check clearance number.

However....

My bachelor of education degree was only 3 years so I am worried I won't receive accreditation and therefore I wouldn't be able to teach during my time here.

I've done a tonne of professional development over the 7 years and have great references from jobs I've been in...

So my question really is, should I be worried? I love teaching and would be devastated if I wasn't allowed back in the classroom!

Thank you in advance for your help!

Sinead