1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Neil Gaiman, Sandman and comic books...

Discussion in 'Book club' started by lanokia, Mar 2, 2018.

1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

To celebrate 30 years of the Sandman comic books Neil Gaiman is returning to co-ordinate a new series of spin-off books...

Big fan of Sandman here... will this tempt me back into a comic shop? hmmm....

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Trying to think who on these boards likes Neil Gaiman... only @coffeekid springs to mind... so CK is it just American Gods of his you like or does this interest you....

3. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

It will be appalling if Gaiman's 2016 The Sandman Overture is any guide. He had one good comic story, set in someone else's universe, and he told it. He's just milking it.

4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

That always has to be a concern... tramping over old ground doesn't always result in fresh new ideas... I'm not familiar with any of the writers they've got in to do this ''Sandman Universe'' so the only lure is really the name...

5. Vince_Ulam

Zack would have a field day.

6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

The only Zack I can think of is Zack Snyder...

Is that who you mean?

I keep thinking I'll get Lucifer by Mike Carey. I liked Carey's Felix Castor novels... but the cost of 5 TPB of all Lucifer is near to £100. And I want to finish my Transmet and Preacher sets first.

7. Vince_Ulam

D&C.

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Oh I got you... we shall see.

DC [the company] seem to be returning to old classics .... they resurrected Watchmen and have now integrated that into their regular book universe... not sure I'm a fan. I'd prefer fresh new stories.

BUT... as I don't really partake anymore I know I'm not the target audience.

9. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Slight swerve from Gaiman - can I recommend this?
    [​IMG]

Vince_Ulam likes this.
  10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

upload_2018-3-3_11-18-55.png
    Hmmm... interest piqued

Spiritwalkerness likes this.
  11. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

I suspected it would be...

12. Vince_Ulam