1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Neighbours having a party.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by phatsals, Apr 5, 2020.

1. phatsals

phatsals Established commenter

I'm not sure what to think really. We've all been told to observe self-confinement and social distancing, for very good reasons. Two of my neighbours have removed a fence panel between their houses and are having a bbq, dogs, children running in and out and loud raucous laughter. Clearly more than a sniff of the barmaids apron.

Am I being a killjoy or is this wrong?

2. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Wrong. Call Crimestoppers.

But, they'll know it's you...

mothorchid, agathamorse and Laphroig like this.
  3. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Get the law round

border_walker and agathamorse like this.
  4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Idiots. :mad: No you're not being a killjoy.

No idea what to do about it though.

agathamorse, Jamvic, knitone and 5 others like this.
  5. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

Don't accept their invitation.

chelsea2, agathamorse, Jamvic and 2 others like this.
  6. Laphroig

Laphroig Lead commenter

Same here - party across the road. I am reluctant to act because I live on my own and fear reprisals.

agathamorse likes this.
  7. abwdSTEM

abwdSTEM Occasional commenter

Not a wise move.

I suppose one could argue that by removing the fence the two neighbours have now become one "household" and so meet Government advise on social distancing.

But not an arguement I would want to put to the test though.

agathamorse, knitone and Lidnod like this.
  8. Laphroig

Laphroig Lead commenter

The police have just been here so someone got in before me. What are people thinking?

9. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

You can report anonymously-remember to not send your 'phone number. Police etc are used to getting anonymous calls. Unless you are next door and there are no other houses around, they're not likely to know you called and I bet you won't be the only ones.

10. annie2010

annie2010 Occasional commenter

These people are complete idiots- hope they receive a hefty fine!

11. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

It will be a minority of idiots like this that get stiffer sanctions imposed as Hancock was threatening to do this morning. From what I have seen of neighbours and when out for a walk (social distancing as prescribed). People are idiots, as I said elsewhere they think "laws" are for other people, so they do not have to follow them. They will still expect the NHS to look after them if they get the virus with complications.

12. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Let's hope they - but not their no-choice kids - get it.
    WhyTheCluck is my 20 min deserted walk going to get stopped because of sphincters like these? And why should anyone feel threatened by reporting them (although I totally understand why they would).
    I'm afraid I'm a one for direct action. My party-pooping appearance with the hose would almost certainly turn out to be a bad idea, but why?

13. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Report it and take comfort that their kids will get educated on appropriate behaviour by the police, because they sure as hell ain't getting it from their parents.

14. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

If one of those kids is on a ventilator in a fortnight, would you tell the parents it's no big deal? If that child took up a ventilator that your child needed, would it be no big deal? A friend has told us that one of his neighbours had a party a week or two ago-and since then, an ambulance has been seen taking her away. Coincidence?
    I don't understand why people disrespect keyworkers by behaving like this, while facebragging about clapping for them. Or why people who wouldn't think twice about reporting drink-driving don't care about social distancing.

jellycowfish and agathamorse like this.
  15. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Why only a fine? If you assaulted someone/were convicted of manslaughter you could go to prison.

16. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

I’d have called the police and given my name. It’s blatant irresponsibility that affects all of us.

17. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

Yeah. Some people are such losers.

18. catbefriender

catbefriender Lead commenter

The weather was wonderful yesterday and so many neighbours had people making visits. There really is no control over this.:(

19. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

My brother lives in a row of terraced houses in West London - he sent me a video of him and four of his neighbours having a 'party', all in their individual walled gardens but none breaching the social distancing rules. Get creative, people!