1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Needs improvement.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by MrsELJones, Jun 21, 2012.

1. MrsELJones

MrsELJones New commenter

I was told today that from September, the satisfactory grade for lesson obs and ofsted inspections, is changing to "needs improvment." I think this is appalling, and we should all go on strike about it. I feel hounded all the time, and am sick of being told how rubbish teachers are. If they don't like how we teach then why give us the qualification? We are supposed to be professionals, not school children ourselves. Also,being in the classroom is getting harder and harder with all the range of abilities in one class. Why can't the government see that having sen,statemented children, eal, new to england children (with no english) and gifted and talented in one class just doesn't work! It's not the teaching that needs improvement it's the whole flipping system.

2. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

agreed, it's a complete pile of cack.
    sadly most of the unions have only focussed on pay and allowed the rest to flood over us.

3. 1001% agreed.
    Working goodness knows how many hours to be told you are 'satisfactory' is depressing enough.
    Gove needs putting in a classroom and leaving there until he learns his lesson.

4. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

If satisfactory is going to become 'needs improvement', what is unsatifactory going to be - 'needs lots of improvement'?

5. Become an academy...?