1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

needed - software/clipart for phonics homework?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by alsoamum, May 27, 2011.

1. alsoamum

alsoamum New commenter

next year for my reception class i want to send home a little phonics book for each child with that weeks sounds, actions etc in it for letter recognition and handwriting practise.
    my daughters school sends home these and they have lovely colour pictures of the action for each of the jolly phonic sounds with cursive font explaining the action too and an example of the cursive font handwriting for that sound. I am really looking for something like this but because i work i never get to ask her teacher where they came from.
    Does this ring a bell with anyone at all?
    I realsie i could photocopy the images from the phonics handbook and cut and glue it, but the ones in my daughters homework book are really professional looking.

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

http://www.communication4all.co.uk/Phonics/JP%20action%20Sheets.pdf

3. sadika

sadika New commenter

That's interesting as all the JP things seem to have disappeared off this site ... I've emailed Bev to find out but no reply yet. Was this one you'd saved Msz ... ?

4. alsoamum

alsoamum New commenter

thanks Msz - this is sort of what my daughter brings home, except hers is in cursive font. Will continue googling.

5. alsoamum

alsoamum New commenter

ah, so maybe there was a cursive one originally - i just tried to look up jolly phonics stuff on bevs site and nothing there

6. Msz

No I just googled Communication4all Jolly phonics [​IMG] strange

7. alsoamum

alsoamum New commenter

yes very strange! I have found the images I was looking for now, on the actual JP website funnily enough :)

now just to work out how to download a cursive font.

8. Msz