1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Needed - QTS Maths Tutor Recommendation in London

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by luv_a_duck, Feb 14, 2012.

1. luv_a_duck

luv_a_duck New commenter

Hi All
    Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good maths tutor in London (preferably West or Central).
    I am due to start my Primary PGCE in September and feel I need to do some work to bring my Maths up to scratch in order to pass the QTS tests and uni audits.
    While I can probably work on it alone, I would probably get more done quicker by having a tutor.
    If you can recommend someone, please could you let me know.
    Thanks [​IMG]

2. You could use Academic owl Tuition to prepate for the QTS test:

http://www.academicowl.co.uk/key-stages/qts-numeracy-skills-test-tutor/

Here is an article that might help

3. lou1990lou

lou1990lou New commenter

You can also use Bitesize.

4. barbara85

barbara85 New commenter

Hello,
    I am a 27 years old female who is experienced in teaching students at gcse level and trainee teachers for QTS Numeracy Skills Test.
    I charge £20 hourly for one-on-one tuitions. I live in SE1 area (Central London).
    Please email me and do drop me your telephone number and i will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards
    Barbara

5. Hi Barbara,
    I recently took the Numeracy skills test and missed by 2 marks! I have been passing the online tests but need some more support with my mental arithematic as it seems to be the same types of questions that trip me up. Are you still available for 1:1 tuition?
    Thanks,
    Claire

6. I met with Barbara last week for assistance with my QTS NST revision. The hour session was planned well. She's also very knowledgeable and helpful. Thank you Barbara!

James

7. barbara85

barbara85 New commenter

Thank you James.

8. Hi Barbra, are you still available for tuition?

9. Hi Barbara could you send me an email so i can arrange some tuition ? riaz@carus.co.uk ?

10. barbara85

barbara85 New commenter

Hi,

I am available for tuition weekdays after 4pm and whole day weekends. Please send me a private message and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your interest.

Barbara

11. Hi Barbara,

I am having problems with this please can you call me or sms me on 07947 995 995 as i am finding difficulty sending a private message. regards riaz

12. barbara85

barbara85 New commenter

No problem. I will text you.

Barbara

13. Hey Barbara, I am having problems sending you are private message. I'm looking for a tutor to help me pass the numeracy skills test. Please can you text me so I can arrange some tuition sessions with you. My number is: 07957 663096. Look forward to hearing from you. Prem

14. I have had many sessions with Barbara! She is great... Extremely patient with someone who isn't confident with maths... She also sends me questions via text randomly in the day to make sure I'm always revising, she is great to work with and I would recommend her.. I am currently still working with Barbara to pass ,my skills test. Thanks barbara

Laura

15. barbara85

barbara85 New commenter

Hi everyone,

I still tutor for QTS Numeracy Skills Test. If you are have any questions or would like to book a lesson please email me on qtsnumeracytutor@qmail.com

Looking forward to hear from you

Barbara

16. barbara85

barbara85 New commenter

qtsnumeracytutor@gmail.com

17. Hi everyone,

I can highly recommend Barbara. she helped me pass my Qts skills test and advised me when I was ready to take it. Thanks Barbara for everything and for your kind support.

18. barbara85

barbara85 New commenter

Hi everyone,

For anyone interested I still tutor for QTS Numeracy Skills Test.

Please send me a private message or email: qtsnumeracytutor@gmail.com.

Thanks

Barbara

19. Hi everyone,

I have just passed my QTS skills test tonight and it's all thanks to Barbara. I literally couldn't have passed without her. I had absolutely no confidence in maths as I hadn't done anything like this in over 10 years. But she fully prepared me for the test, she would even answer questions I was unsure about when I practiced at home and I ended up passing on my first attempt. I can't recommend her enough, so do get in touch with her if you need help.

Jemma

20. I've also just passed my skills test first time thanks to Barbara! I was absolutely dreading my skills test and discovered recently that the reason I have always struggled so much with Maths was because I have dyscalculia. Before I met Barbara I had no idea where to start with the skills test and was reduced to tears on more than one occasion. After my first session with Barbara I started to grow in confidence. She is extremely patient and provided very helpful resources. I was even given homework so that I could practice throughout the week. I am so chuffed that I've passed and feel so relieved. Couldn't have done it without Barbara's help. Thank you.

Liv