1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need to rewrite school behaviour policies in light of new Government instructions?

Discussion in 'Education news' started by Morninglover, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Catgirl1964

Catgirl1964 Occasional commenter

Your imaginary school certainly isn’t. Hope ‘your staff’ have opted out of the Working Time Directive which limits the working week averaged out over 12 weeks to 48 hours per week.

2. gainly

gainly Star commenter

I think you're going soft. Surely you could get them to mow your lawn or polish one of your fleet of luxury cars when they are not actually teaching in school.

3. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

Shouting, like singing, of course is a risk factor for others. I hope you pointed this out to him (in a whisper!)

agathamorse and drvs like this.
  4. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

W
    Why have you never posted in the Headteachers, OFSTED, Leadership or Senior Leadership forums? As a Head, I would have thought that these would be your main ports of call.

5. drvs

drvs Star commenter

No, I just coughed on him.

6. ridleyrumpus

ridleyrumpus Star commenter

They've gone up.

agathamorse and Catgirl1964 like this.
  7. ridleyrumpus

"We will also be at a stage by September when the virus will have been suppressed to a very low level of circulation."

I refer you to the experiment currently taking place in the land of the free.

(Don't really know why I am replying to your BS)

Catgirl1964 likes this.
  8. ridleyrumpus

Not his school is to be open for roughly twice as long but will require less teachers.

Quite a trick.

9. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

:D:D:D

Good point. TheHeadteachersOffice previously said that when they weren't teaching they were cooking the children's meals and doing the office admin. Who is doing that then - 2 posts ago he told the office staff had been sent home!

10. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Depends on the group! 30 in a Grammar was easier than the ten I had in one of my Friday afternoon'difficult' classes.
    Admittedly, from a pupils/staff- likely- to- die-or-have-lifelong-health -issues- from Covid, the large, well-behaved GS group would be no safer. Certainly no safer than dentists/gyms etc

phlogiston and agathamorse like this.
  11. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Do you really run an ordinary comprehensive school? Have you taught in any for a few years? I've worked at many-and none of the parents would have been happy with a 7pm end time.

Also, why do you think the virus will be in 'very low circulation'? The R rate has risen in parts of Germany and France as a result of schools opening, and Whitty seems to suggest a second wave might come by then. Friends and family who've been at/work at our local hospital aren't suggesting it's any safer now than it was.

Catgirl1964 and agathamorse like this.
  12. Ellakits

Ellakits Lead commenter

Have you noticed that there has been much talk about how transmission likelihood of the virus is lessened if the pupils sit side by side rather than opposite each other? This has been coupled with the great idea that having all the kids facing the front means that they won’t be breathing into each other’s faces, so that’s clearly the safest thing to do.

I presume that the teachers will be standing at the back of the room too, not facing 15 - 30 kids all exhaling breath in their direction?

blushingberry and agathamorse like this.
  13. TheHeadteachersOffice

TheHeadteachersOffice New commenter

Parents are well aware that we are currently in extreme times. Particularly for free schools, parents are well aware when they sign their children up that decisions are made by the headteacher and SMT according to the ethos and values we want to inculcate.

14. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

Why have you never posted in the Headteachers, OFSTED, Leadership or Senior Leadership forums? As a Head, I would have thought that these would be your main ports of call.

install, blushingberry and ilovesooty like this.
  15. install

install Star commenter

And another wind up imho :rolleyes: