1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need to organise to see something in the style of Artaud- any recommendations??

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by IsmenesSister, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Not sure whether you want to take GCSE - depends on your school and parents - but I'm taking the AS group to see 4.48 Psychosis performed by Fourthmonkey at Theatro Technis in Camden.
    In terms of quality, we saw their Antigone last term which had some great moments and some questionable ones but eitherway it provided a great talking point for our discussions about how we would stage the text ourselves.
    Would love to hear any other suggestions... OR any other resources that can be suggested for Artaud e.g. recorded theatre or documentaries. My budget is now closed until May so it needs to be something that I can personally afford to invest in!

Thanks

2. Thanks I will look into it. London maybe a bit far though. I have shown them clips of A level performances of Sarah Kane stuff but obviously I pick and choose what parts I show them (loads available on you tube) and its not the same as seeing stuff live. As far as recorded stuff etc I find it really hard to find decent examples and I've never seen a doucumetary! I know that you can buy resource packs from pearson and ehd (i think) produce some. If you have any luck with recordings etc let me know!

I am thinking of even getting in touch with some local unis to see if they have any student work on in his style that isn't advertised. I'll let you know if I have any luck.