1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need to join an agency to find me a temp/perm/fixed term contract for September - opinions on agencies or helpful tips please!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by MissToDo, Jul 8, 2015.

1. MissToDo

MissToDo New commenter

Hi everyone, I am leaving my school next week and need something for September that isn't day to day supply. I've phoned some agencies today but have been advised that I should only register with 2 Max because I have to get my CRB/DBS check through one and the other can't start looking for me until it comes through which can take 4-6 weeks (which seems ridiculous as a school will normally offer you a job before doing the crb so surely it doesn't have to be done before?!)

So I'm wondering if anyone has opinions they can share on the following agencies (I'm based in Birmingham/South Staffordshire/North Warwickshire):

Smile Education

Celsian Education

Edustaff

Justteachers

Aspire People

Thanks in advance! I'm in major panic mode now!

2. stevejp65

stevejp65 New commenter

Can't help with the agencies that you've listed, but FWIW:

Education Central are very good - friendly, efficient and they pay (or did last year, the last time I worked for them) into TPS, which most agencies don't. They work mainly in the Black Country (Dudley, Wolverhampton, Sandwell and Walsall), but i know they are expanding into Birmingham.

I registered with 7-8 different agencies when I was last out of work - most of them are completely carp, and never (and yes, I do mean never!) ring with any work. They promise the earth, but never deliver. Strangely enough, the jobs that they advertise to pull people in never seem to materialise...

ABC (based in Lichfield, but working all over the Black Country) were the only other one who ever rang and sent me work, but their support isn't great if there are any problems.

3. We use Hays and Protocol. Both are reliable and give us good service as a school.

(Walsall School, but I think they cover the area as they are bigger organisations)

BH