1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

need some P.E music suggestions!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Greavesteacher, Feb 13, 2011.

1. How about The Robots by Kraftwerk?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXa9tXcMhXQ

Apparently we danced to this at my 8th birthday party!

2. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Awesome ideas there! Hadn't thought of Pink Floyd. Am tempted to show them that mechanical music video and then give them the soundtrack (somehow) and they are the machine... Thanks guys!

3. littlerussell

littlerussell New commenter

4. There's a Year 3 dance unit on PE Primary linked to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The music linked to it is called 'Chronology 6' by Jean Michel Jarre, I just did a search for it and you can download it for free. It sounds like lots of machines - I thought it was a bit random but my class liked pretending to be machines to it!

5. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

hahahaha at the hot butter track. I am actually considering using a few of these songs and doing a whole terms worth to it, because they're so good! Will look for the Jean Michel Jarre one now.

Thanks so much guys, if you can think of any more do feel free to add!

6. The Human League's 'Sound of the Crowd' from 'Love and Dancing' instrumental remix might fit your bill. There is a good track on Laurie Anderson's 'Big Science' too - (not Superman).