1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help please

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by justmekez, Jul 1, 2011.

1. <font size="3">Hiya everyone, new to this.. </font><font size="3">I applied for a Nursery post and have been shortlisted! First it's an observation, 30 minutes and I'm free to pick whatever form this comes in... Pretty open. I've noticed that the school is in a very deprived area and the children enter the school with very little CLL skills, so obviously I was thinking of doing a CLL lesson. What do you think? And if so, what do you think would be the best?

Any ideas will be appreciated :)
    Thank you x</font>

2. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

What ideas do you have so far?

3. Well I've only just saw the email about the interview... sooo..
    at the moment... nothing.
    My mind has gone a little blank and I can't seem to think of what I have already done on teaching placement.

4. What about using a story sack (if you are able to get one from your placement school).
    Encourage the children to use items in story sack to retell story and join in with repeated refrains etc.
    Whatever next? lots of talk and vocab. Could collect your own resources to create a story sack, depending on time you have to prepare.

Could also do a food tasting linked to the very hungry caterpillar - my friend did this for her interview and she got the job!!
    Read story with children and them allow children to taste fruit from story and encourage children to use describing words for colour, texture, taste and scribe their ideas on large sugar paper.

Good luck

5. That sounds like a really good idea Jodie, thanks..

I had a little think during the night and was thinking about doing the Gingerbread man story... but I think your idea sounds great. Thanks.

Any more ideas people? [​IMG]

6. Don't forget to check for allergies if you are taking in food [​IMG]