1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need School Trip Idea's ASAP

Discussion in 'Primary' started by bethteacher123, Feb 18, 2019.

1. bethteacher123

bethteacher123 New commenter

Hi Everyone,
    At my school we run this thing were every year we dedicate a week for Reward Trips.
    Each day is dedicated to a year group. For Example:
    On Monday- Nursery
    On Tuesday- Reception
    On Wednesday- KS1
    On Thursday- LKS2
    On Friday- HKS2
    As the Acting Deputy Head I have been asked to plan everyday but I have no idea were to go or what to do.
    Oh and by the way Year 6 are having a second trip as well so if anyone has any ideas for that please let me know.
    Please let me know of ANY ideas.
    Thanks. xx

2. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

It's a bit difficult as it depends what is close to your school. We have used the local dry ski slope for a reward trip where the children enjoyed tubing.
    zoo, wildlife park, indoor soft play centre, high ropes centre, climbing centre, craft day at local art galley or museum, ...........

3. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

The local library. Get each pupil a ticket.

4. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Is there a reward for spotting the Greengrocer's Apostrophe?

5. harsh-but-fair

Or should that be the Greengrocers' Apostrophe?

6. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Where in the country are you?

A reward trip sounds horrific as a concept.
    Are you seriously going to leave 3 year olds who haven't behaved at school on the Monday?
    And if year 6 have another trip anyway, they presumably won't be overly fussed at missing this one.

Aren't reward trips/activities the kind of thing that makes the papers...when parents of those left out object?

Stiltskin likes this.
  7. harsh-but-fair

When you replied to their previous thread they said

8. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Our local sports centre has a fantastic climbing wall which is very popular with the kids. It works out at about £4 each. Local bowling alley also only charges £2 per child for 2 games in the mornings. That works well.