1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need PMLD ideas

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by llord08, Sep 5, 2011.

1. I have a small class of PMLD children working at P levels 1-3, I have done little work with PMLD children before, so a little worried. I know sensory activities are my way forward, but just wanted some ideas?? I have ordered some books and waiting for them to come hoping they will keep me some. But if anyone could share there thoughts I'd be very grateful??
    Thanks

2. Ibuzzybea

Ibuzzybea Occasional commenter

http://www.alljoinin.net/All_Join_In/PMLD.html My website has some fabulous links to PMLD sites. The sensory Stories section, songs and music and the treasure basket sections may also be relavent. What age are you teaching and are there any specific ideas areas you need advice on? The sensory fun booklet on my resources in TES or in pritable info section will be useful too

3. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

I have uploaded quite a few ideas which would be suitable in special needs/MLD. You could also try the commtap.org site for specific ideas linked to P Levels or early learning targets.

4. Thanks very much I will have a look now, 3 of my children are foundation age, one is year 6. Topic is 'all about me' and the local area. Taking each day as it comes at the moment! :)

5. boxesformsmarking

boxesformsmarking New commenter

I am in a similar position. I have a class of 5 PMLD pupils, all working at about P1-3! I have never done this before either! Very confusing at times and I'm getting better at learning their health care routines!! Good Luck to us! :D

6. We use the Profound Curriculum (from The Children's Trust) and it's used like an assessment tool that we then plan key skills from. It's really good for planning activities and adapting the curriculum to be appropriate. I'm happy to share any lesson ideas with you if you want to email me rebeccaamcrawford@yahoo.co.uk.

7. Thanks very much I appreciate your offer, think I was taken aback by it all the other week, I will email you.

Thanks

8. I would be happy to share some planning with you. I was new to PMLD last year and have had to learn quickly. If you PMd be your email I could send you some planning.

9. Getting all the Flo Longhorn books helped lots too!

10. Llord 08 have tried emailing you lesosn plans but they keep getting sent back saying that the email addres syou gave me is invalid. Would you like to PM a different address so I can try again?

11. rodenburg

rodenburg New commenter

Could you please email lesson plans to me too please alisonjanedavies@hotmail.com

Thank you in advance

Ali x

12. and me? michelle_0151@yahoo.co.uk

thank you

x

13. Jo3Grace

Jo3Grace New commenter

I write sensory stories for individuals with profound and multiple learning disabilities and I have lots of free to down load lesson plans http://jo.element42.org

You will have a wonderful time. Don't fear repetition, some students need to encounter things more often before they get the hang of them. Watch your students closely, sometimes the smallest changes will indicate their learning to you - a facial muscle twitching, an arm relaxing, responses can be small, but if you notice them and become familiar with them then they will become meaningful to you.

Enjoy, and let us know how you get on!

Kind regards

Joanna Grace