1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need Ofsted help!

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by Acarya, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I'm a new HoD and Ofsted are coming in tomorrow and Fri! Can anyone tell me what recent or future developments have happened in Media Studies (GCSE and KS5)?
    People have spoken about
    • Media Studies not part of the Ebac list of subjects and so may result in less interest
    • Btec point scores (including Btec Creative Media) being or have been reduced
    I'm vague on the details so could anyone guide me or point me to a link where there may be more information? Am sifting through the hundred Google search results now!
    Thanks
    Ac

2. Hi,
    I'm a new HoD and Ofsted are coming in tomorrow and Fri! Can anyone tell me what recent or future developments have happened in Media Studies (GCSE and KS5)?
    People have spoken about
    • Media Studies not part of the Ebac list of subjects and so may result in less interest
    • Btec point scores (including Btec Creative Media) being or have been reduced
    I'm vague on the details so could anyone guide me or point me to a link where there may be more information? Am sifting through the hundred Google search results now!
    Thanks
    Ac