1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need Numeracy display inspiration!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lillipad, Feb 14, 2012.

1. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

I'm in year 2 and need to change my Numeracy display but having a terrible time coming up with something. I've had the vocab for the 4 signs up & counting in steps last term and would like to put something useful up that they can make use of during lessons like place value or subtraction as those are 2 things they find hard but feeling so uncreative! Inspire me someone please?!

2. Hello,
    I laminated a 2 pieces of A3 paper and pinned them to the Maths wall. Each week (if I remember!) I put up a question related to that weeks learning - How many ways can you make 20? or 23 = 20+?
    The management loved it on one of their 'environment scrutinies' and the children use it a lot. Two sheets of A3 takes up a nice lot of space too... [​IMG]

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I had a large numberline 0-20 and some 'jumpers' (eg kangaroos, hares, frogs, etc) as well as some cubes blu-tacked up. I had a large arrow pointing backwards and the word subtract. Then an arrow point forward with the words multiply and add. Children used it independently when they wanted to when calculating. took up heaps of space.

I also have some 'maths challenge cards' from tpet.