1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need inspiration for my lower ability Y2s- Literacy Rosie's Walk

Discussion in 'Primary' started by NicoleK, Sep 13, 2011.

1. NicoleK

NicoleK New commenter

Hi,

I am doing a Literacy topic on Rosie's Walk. Towards the end of the topic, the children are re-writing the ending to show what might have happened if Rosie had turned around and seen the fox.

I have totally run out of inspiration for what to do with my littlies that are on the p scales though. So far they have toured the school practising going across, around. through things. They have acted out the story , retold the story orally, put pictures from the story in order, labelled a map of the story with the places...

I did wonder about asking them to draw their idea of what would happen and do a brief label for it but their drawing is so poor that I don't know if it's a useful idea. Their drawings a of themselves mostly consisted of a sort of blob with 2 dots for eyes coloured in a variety of colours.

Anybody got any better ideas?

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide