1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need ideas pls :)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by missmunchie, Feb 21, 2012.

1. missmunchie

missmunchie New commenter

What about making a sound and get them to listen then describe it using one word?
    Examples: crisp packet, squeaky toy, bell, balloon, everyday items that make a noise.
    An extension of this would be to make a noise (when they have their eyes closed) and ask them what it was.
    I suppose in early years the idea would be for each child to make a noise and for the others to listen and describe.

2. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

Don't forget to post this on the Early Years Forum too!

3. Do you already use dolls/puppets with them?
    I could imagine getting them to pass a doll around the group (taking turns) and all telling the doll their name/favourite something/what they did at the weekend?
    Or if you have a glove puppet, it could represent a shy child that the group can befriend? or use a pair of dolls/puppets in a familiar situation (eg parent putting child to bed? or preparing lunch?) and the children to speak for the puppets?
    I hope these might help or prompt some other ideas...
    Liz

4. Have a bag with exciting things in....'My wow bag'...inside which you have amaing/silly toys.Make sure there is one for every one, not things that would normally be around as they are a bit precious/delicate. Each child takes a turn to take something out and make it work. Before during and after you could talk about what might be in the bag, what Fred is going to choose etc etc. Same applies during and after. When every one has had a turn you could ask who had the .... what did it do etc. The children will be keen to talk about what they had or saw. Works in my class!