1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need ideas for how to evidence the Standards?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Johners74, Feb 19, 2012.

1. A few years back I put together an online portfolio to help GTP trainees. It became popular and then the Standards all changed and I couldn't face doing it all again for some time.
    However, a good chunk of the half term holidays has been invested in making a new and improved version of this. Along with guidance on what the Standards actually mean and a load of suggestions for how to provide evidence for each you can also...
    - Upload evidence into your own portfolio;
    - Check off Standards when you feel you have sufficient evidence;
    - Add your own suggestions for evidence;
    - See a clear overall picture on where you are up to to help you plan where you need to invest your time and effort.
    - A blogging capacity (private or shared) for you to gather your reflective thoughts and ideas as you pass through ITT.
    A few other things will be added over the coming weeks including some pretty cool freebies.
    I am hopeful this will help with my trainees in my school, but anyone is welcome to use it. Use all the features, use just the suggestions, or don't use it at all! It is up to you but is free to access and use.
    URL is http://www.qts-standards.numberfarm.com

2. A few years back I put together an online portfolio to help GTP trainees. It became popular and then the Standards all changed and I couldn't face doing it all again for some time.
    However, a good chunk of the half term holidays has been invested in making a new and improved version of this. Along with guidance on what the Standards actually mean and a load of suggestions for how to provide evidence for each you can also...
    - Upload evidence into your own portfolio;
    - Check off Standards when you feel you have sufficient evidence;
    - Add your own suggestions for evidence;
    - See a clear overall picture on where you are up to to help you plan where you need to invest your time and effort.
    - A blogging capacity (private or shared) for you to gather your reflective thoughts and ideas as you pass through ITT.
    A few other things will be added over the coming weeks including some pretty cool freebies.
    I am hopeful this will help with my trainees in my school, but anyone is welcome to use it. Use all the features, use just the suggestions, or don't use it at all! It is up to you but is free to access and use.
    URL is http://www.qts-standards.numberfarm.com