1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need ideas for a delicious, quick and impressive dessert!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by egyptgirl, Jun 20, 2011.

1. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

As the title says!
    My brain has gone blank and I need to make a quick and simple pudding on Wednesday night - I have a friend who I went to university in Cairo coming to dinner and I want to make a nice dessert for her!
    Ideas please!

2. egyptgirl

As the title says!
    My brain has gone blank and I need to make a quick and simple pudding on Wednesday night - I have a friend who I went to university in Cairo coming to dinner and I want to make a nice dessert for her!
    Ideas please!

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Grape Brulee, whip some whipping cream, add the same amount of greek yoghourt, mix inpipless grapes (mind gone blank as to what they're called), put in ovenproof dish and chill, demerara sugar on top and grill. Really nice with raspeberries instead of grapes or anything eg pistachio nuts and crumbled amaretto biscuits with raspberries would be incredible!!

4. crumbled amaretto biscuits with raspberries would be incredible!!

A marriage made in heaven!

5. A fool would be very easy. All you need is Greek yogurt, whipped cream, a little sugar and fruit. You could buy some nice biscuits to serve it with.
    Summer fruit pudding and tiramisu aren't too difficult either but they take a little time to assemble.

6. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

A lemon mousse (without gelatine) is my favourite quick pud. Adding some shortbread makes it more special and it isn't hard to knock some up yourself.

7. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Something with summer fruits...
    Maybe a flan (you could buy the flan base if pressed for time) with strawberries and cream?
    Berries, Meringues and Cream.
    Home-made rice pudding (made in advance, in the slowcooker!) served chilled with berries.
    Or really quick and easy....practically a cheats pud..., but never fails to please....good quality vanilla icecream with crushed Maltesers

8. egyptgirl

You're all wonderful!
    Unfortunately, she's had to cancel because her husband isn't very well (I was looking forward to a whole evening of talking in fast Arabic!) but I will definitely hotlist this thread for future reference!
    Thank you! [​IMG]