1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

need help

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by s4mm13, Jun 28, 2012.

1. fair point but is it fair to start a new job if you are so unwell and wobbly without letting the new school know?

2. I didn't want to be signed off from my current post and I wanted to go back, but present school wouldn't allow it due to insurance.
    I have let present school know about the interview and they were fine with it. It was a huge decision whether to accept the interview or not and not knowing whether it was acceptable to attend interview whilst signed off.
    I have no intention of pulling the wool over 'new schools' eyes, but I submitted the application before visiting my GP and subsequent signing off. I will be open and honest with them just as I have been with my current school. It is the current school that has caused all this trouble and getting out is the best thing I can do at the moment, but I can't do that without having another job to go to.
    I am feeling terrible about the whole situation though, I dind't want any of this to happen, and emotion is running very high.

3. casper

casper New commenter

I could have written a lot of this. Do take care. x

4. In that case I hope the interview goes really well and that you have something new and exciting to look forward too come autumn x

5. Thank you Casper. I hope that you were/have been able to get the help and support you needed. The people on here have been invaluable.

6. How can they take your holiday pay? Do you know this because someone from the school contacted you and told you this? I only ask because this is causing further stress Nd anxiety to you and the s book have no right to be contacting you in a way that makes you feel you MUST return and be signed back on to do so against doctors' advice x. I am signed off at present myself and totally understand your concerns, feelings and position x

7. I had a call from a supportive colleague from one of my old schools to let me know that this would be the case. (I am on a maternity contract of a year)
    I couldn't check my contract as until Saturday I still hadn't recieved one up until then. (It had been more than 8 weeks) Even now it is unclear!!
    Yes it is causing a lot of stress and worry especially when I know that the head has been so unhappy with the reason my doctor gave for my absence she wrote him a letter, which I understand is not particularly pleasant.
    My doctor is keen to not sign me off a 'sick' as that would infer that it is a problem to do with me, but he feels that it is clear that the problem has been caused by the school. A feeling that has been strengthened by this letter. He has never had anything like this happen before.
    I'm really sorry that this post is a bit rambling and not so coherent, but I am worried about tomorrow and my head is swimming with a lot of 'stuff'!!

8. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Did you do the two days and is it just half a day left? Not many hours if so to count down, and you can forget all about school with no guilt feelings - just enjoy the relief of crossing the finishing line!
    I do hope you have plans for something relaxing to do over the summer break and can spend some time with those close to you.
    Thinking of you [​IMG]

9. Thank you Marlin,
    Its three teaching hours left now. Monday was difficult, and not just because I was tired from lack of sleep the night before. Some difficult classes but did manage to get some extra support where i need it as one of the department is finishing off her maternity leave this week befroe leaving. Even with her support I broke down. I felt so ashamed.
    I'm getting through it though and at 1:15 today I can finally relax.
    No plans to 'go away' as money is tight, but I would really like to take some trips out or maybe the odd weekend break camping (weather permitting!!)
    Thank you so much for your support Marlin, It has made the world of difference.
    [​IMG]

10. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Well it's past 1.15 now s4mm13! Hopefully you can now start relaxing and enjoying some 'time out'. Well done for getting through it!
    Most of us have had times when we've broken down - I certainly have - don't feel ashamed. That person was probably pleased that they could offer some support to you. You should actually feel very proud of yourself - you've got to the finishing line of the end of year - something you didn't think you would be able to do a short time ago.
    Now let the people who love you give you some TLC. Spend some time with them and do simple things at your own pace. Get plenty of rest and eat well.
    It is going to be very different with a new HT in September, so try to keep a positive frame of mind towards school if you can. You will be much stronger if you allow yourself time to recover from the awful time that you have had. Keep up the visits to the doctor and follow the treatment plan to get you in the very best of shape ready for a fresh start.
    I'm so proud of you s4mm13 [​IMG]
    Wishing you all the best
    Marlin x

11. I did make it and with a smile on my face too.
    It was hard and now I'm done I feel like I could sleep for a week!
    I don't have any plans for the next few weeks but will be spending it relaxing with those closest to me.
    This acutally made me cry a little! [​IMG]
    Thank you so much Marlin, you should really change your name to Marvellous...
    S4mm13 xx

12. Thank you both xx

13. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Just to say 'Well Done s4mm13! for making it to the end of term.
    I so sympathised with your plight, but not coping very well with my on problems, didn't feel I could offer any constructive advice and anyway marlin did it so well.
    This is really just to let you know there is someone else who cares about you and your situation.
    Take good care of yourself over the summer. <u>Try</u> not to worry too much. Try to enjoy at least one thing each day. (I have one friend to whom I have to try to give at least 1 positive every day and it's surprising how that can help. I even managed one yesterday!)
    I'm personally 'not there' yet myself but perhaps this quote will help
    [​IMG]

14. Thank you so much for your reply Lara.
    You already go above and beyond the call of duty to help and support those who post here, especially in the jobseekers forum, and for that I can't thank you enough.
    I will refuse to let this situation define or destroy me. With the help of support of the people here and those who are closest to me, I can get through it.
    Really wishing you all the best Lara and hope that you, with the support of those around you, can get to where you want to be.
    S4mm13

15. Hi S4mm13,
    Having read your posts - well done on making it to the end of term! I hope you can relax and get better over the holidays, so that next year is easier. Keep posting on here, there are always people who will listen.

16. Here's another 'well done!' . My goodness, you've earned this holiday. All the best.[​IMG]

17. Just to let those of you that have supported me over the last few weeks know that this holiday couldn't be going any better. My partenr popped the question over the weekend so S4mm13 is getting married!!! [​IMG]
    Thank you all so much for all your kindness, words of advice and support
    xx

18. Congratulations! That is fantastic news, S4mm13. I'm glad you are feeling brighter.

19. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Congratulations! I'm so pleased for you! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is just THE BEST news - I wish you both every happiness now and in the future [​IMG]

20. Thank you guys. It's so exciting and given me so much hope for the future :eek:)
    [​IMG]