1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

need help

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by s4mm13, Jun 28, 2012.

1. I don;t know what to do or how to deal with this stress.
    I'm really afraid I might do something stupid to myself as I've got so much anger built up inside me because of the wayi have been treated in my job.
    I can't believe that people can treat other human beings in the way I have been treated.
    All the way home It was astruggle not to put my car under a lorry, it was all I could think about. Is this normal??
    I'm so angry inside and don't know who to turn to or what to tell them.
    Please help

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

http://www.samaritans.org/
    http://teachersupport.info/
    No job or paypacket is worth feeling like this. Take yourself out of the situation.
    The people above are trained to listen and will let you express yourself - they will understand if you are not as clear in how you say things as you normally are.
    Please speak to one of the above or someone you trust.
    Take care of yourself.

3. Please phone your doctor too and ask for an emergency appointment. It's hard to do yourself. Is there anyone there who could do it for you?

4. it's hard. I don't know what to say and i feel like it's all myfault because I'm not good at my job

5. ronnieg

ronnieg New commenter

You probably are very good but people in high places make you feel that you aren't!! Can also suggest your local hospital and ask for the crisis team - they were a massive help to me

6. You WILL get through this but it sounds like you really need some support right now. Please phone the organisations suggested above and get an emergency appointment with your GP.
    Teachers support Network 24 hour helpline UK & Scotland: 08000 562 561 or http://teachersupport.info/. SamaritansIn the UK dial 08457 90 90 90.

7. thank you

8. marlin

marlin Star commenter

How are you s4mm13?
    Thinking about you.

9. Marlin,
    I'm very anctious. Thinking about having to go in today and what I'm likely to face.

10. marlin

marlin Star commenter

It's probably too late for you to see this now - sorry I've only just switched on the computer.
    I do think you need to stay away today - I hope you have.
    You are too fragile to face anything and need to think of yourself and getting stronger before you tackle any confrontation.
    I hope you were able to get some help last night.
    Take care [​IMG]

11. How are things looking today? I hope you were able to stay off and get some support. All the best.

12. I was in school today, but feeling a bit more in control.
    I'm very anxious at the moment about a lot of different things and finding it difficult to cope.
    Thank you for your support

13. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Good to hear.
    Have you spoken to someone?
    Try to find some relaxation/quiet time this weekend just for you - it won't be a 'cure all' but may give you a little breathing time and enable you to face your difficulties a little stronger.
    Take care.

14. The day I went to the doctor I could hardly speak in sentences but I had written down some words on a scrubby old bit of paper that described how I felt. I just said "I'm a teacher but can't do it today" and handed him the list.
    Fortunately he was quick on the uptake, signed me off, prescribed tablets, made me fill in a questionnairewhich led to sorting me out an appointment with a counsellor and told me to make another appointment for less than a weeks time.
    Your job is then to do whatever the doctor says. It's too important not to. The first things I had to do were rest, exercise(walk) and eat healthily and regularly. Don't think about any else, just doing the things to get better. If you're contemplating totalling your car and clearly yourself........Just don't do that.
    You'll worry about all sorts. You know that already but somehow it works out okay. the route you are on now insn't going to work out okay.
    Good luck.

15. I can't really add anything to the good advice you have already been given but I just wanted to say that I am thinking of you. I agree that the way some people treat other people is just appalling. I have gone through it with my job too-it is currently being dealt with by management after months of me keeping silent about it and I am already so much happier. I hope you find some respite too.

16. Thank you for all your support. I feel like I've had a bit of a break over the weekend, bu can really feel the aprehension and anxiety building as tomorrow and another week gets closer.
    I just don't know what's going to happen and whether or not I'm going to be able to cope.
    Just got to try and stay strong. Put a smile on my face and soldier on.
    Got an application in the pipeline, but deadline is Tuesday and am running out of time, but it's a little spot on the horizon.
    Your support has really meant a lot, thank you so much.
    I'm going to ring the doctor tomorrow to see if I can get an appointment to talk to someone as I know I can't carry on this way.

17. marlin

marlin Star commenter

I'm pleased you have.
    Do you have to go in? Is there no way you can stay at home until you have seen the doctor?
    That's so good to hear, but make sure you get an appointment with the doctor asap - I'm sure you'll feel better with some expert support to help you through.

18. I have to moderate some work tomorrow ready for the external assessor on Tuesday... I can't let the department down now.

19. tried to get an appointment with my doctor, cant'g get one and I can't tell them why i need it.

Not having a good day, feeling very tearful and already i've got children in my face. i feel like i'm going to snap [​IMG]

20. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

You need time off.
    I understand totally when you said "I'm a teacher. I can't do it today,"
    Life is too short. I have been there and took the time off. Do not regret it for a moment.