1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with teaching to blend

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Buttercup101, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips with teaching a Year 1 boy how to blend. He is good at segmenting for writing on a one to one basis and he knows all his phase 2 sounds and some of phase 3 buy he is really struggling to blend together even CV words, let alone CVC words!! He will robot sound the word out but he can't blend the sounds together himself. He can only blend together when I robot speak a word out.

It's so frustrating, i really want him to succeed and it must be frustrating for him too. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!x

2. Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips with teaching a Year 1 boy how to blend. He is good at segmenting for writing on a one to one basis and he knows all his phase 2 sounds and some of phase 3 buy he is really struggling to blend together even CV words, let alone CVC words!! He will robot sound the word out but he can't blend the sounds together himself. He can only blend together when I robot speak a word out.

It's so frustrating, i really want him to succeed and it must be frustrating for him too. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!x

3. Could it be that he has a hearing problem - when he says it, it might sound fuzzy? When you say it, it is clearer?

4. It is interesting that you say that as the Speech and Language lady who comes in once a week also thinks he might have hearing difficulties.x