1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with laptop

Discussion in 'Personal' started by angiebabe, Aug 14, 2015.

1. angiebabe

angiebabe Occasional commenter

Sorry to ask for help but I've been having a problem for many, many months. Thankfully I've used my iPad most if the time but I need to print off a groupon voucher for next week.

the problem is the Internet connection. Everything says I am connected but the little blue circle just keeps spinning and spinning and spinning and..............

anyone have a clue what I should do?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Is it all intenet sites? I only ask because I still have problems with the 'loading' often get a weird oblong shape before it turns into the spinning circle which sometimes 'times me out' on this site and sometimes a few others. So I'm interested in what anyone replies. I expect cleaning the 'cache' might be the first port of call?

3. angiebabe

Ooo 'cleaning the cache'! You've got me flummoxed a,ready.

I just have a blank Internet screen/window and the blue spinning circle.

4. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Is it the same with all browsers?

5. angiebabe

Yes! Won't connect to any browser but says its connected to wifi.

6. DogsareNOTstupid

DogsareNOTstupid New commenter

Hi Angie. :)

If you click on your browser name at the top of the screen, it should give you a drop down box with an option for 'resetting' or 'clearing cache' which will wipe most things away, to give you a fresh start. Make sure you remember passwords for sites that 'remember' your log-in.