1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with interview presentation!

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by dafscrum1986, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Hi, I have an interview for a lecturing job in Hartpury college on Wednesday (10th August). I have to prepare a 10 minute presentation, here is the title:
    "You will be delivering modules and complementary qualifications to both Level 2 and Level 3 students across both fitness and coaching strands. How would you manage and plan for this in your lessons?"
    I haven't got a clue where to start or what angle to go at it?? Any help would be appreciated. Im thinking that I should talk about scheme of work/lesson planning, perhaps an example lesson plan for a fitness testing and training lesson, and a sports coaching lesson (or maybe CSLA)?
    This is my first teaching interview so I really don't know if im on the right track.
    Thanks

2. Hi, I have an interview for a lecturing job in Hartpury college on Wednesday (10th August). I have to prepare a 10 minute presentation, here is the title:
    "You will be delivering modules and complementary qualifications to both Level 2 and Level 3 students across both fitness and coaching strands. How would you manage and plan for this in your lessons?"
    I haven't got a clue where to start or what angle to go at it?? Any help would be appreciated. Im thinking that I should talk about scheme of work/lesson planning, perhaps an example lesson plan for a fitness testing and training lesson, and a sports coaching lesson (or maybe CSLA)?
    This is my first teaching interview so I really don't know if im on the right track.
    Thanks

3. stopwatch

stopwatch Occasional commenter

I am afraid I cannot help you with this one, but I would guess someone like Pobble could.
    However:
    If you have applied for the job, presumably they will be expecting you to have the knowledge, qualifications and experience to be able to find this 10 minute presentation a fairly straightforwarrd task.
    You say you 'haven't got a clue where to start or what angle to go at it'
    Does this not worry you?

4. No not worried at all.

5. Don't worry. I have an interview there as well tomorrow and found the question rather broad.
    Good luck planning and all that!

6. How did yours go in the end?

2 posts; best of luck!

7. Yeah...