1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with interview lesson for tomorrow!!

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by PersianCatLady, Jul 1, 2019.

1. PersianCatLady

PersianCatLady Occasional commenter

I have an interview tomorrow (only just found out) and I need to prepare a lesson for Year 10 on the differences between Harvard & von Neumann architecture.

That is all the information that I have.

Obviously I know the differences between the two but what sort of activities can I use to make this into a three part lesson lasting an hour??

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!

2. NeitherMouseNorSock

NeitherMouseNorSock New commenter

You just found out at 3.35pm? Not the kind of place I'd be wanting to take a job.

3. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

Why do you need an activity? I'd just tell them and justify my approach in terms of direct instruction being more effective.

binaryhex likes this.
  4. PersianCatLady

Do you have any constructive suggestions?

5. PersianCatLady

I don't really understand how the topic can be made to last an hour while sticking strictly to the given topic.

binaryhex likes this.
  6. NeitherMouseNorSock

NeitherMouseNorSock New commenter

Yes, stop asking for everyone to do the work for you, get your head down and pull a late one. Or give us your initial ideas to critique.

You know the topic and how to teach, put the 2 together

7. Compucademy

Compucademy New commenter

8. dalersmith

dalersmith Occasional commenter

The late, late, lesson, specification is becoming more and more frequent. My last interview gave me notice of interview and lesson the day before, one hour on cloud computing. No exam board or any other information given, so I did it based on CS. Turned out to be BTEC IT, I didn't get the job, but sort of relieved in a way.
    @PersianCatLady, I really hope you did well, I would have had a look at any exam board resources for the topic, then cannibalised them so that they actually made sense.

9. 50sman

50sman Senior commenter

Let us know how you got on.

10. Dorsetdreams

Dorsetdreams Occasional commenter

I quite agree.
    How did it go?