1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need help download video

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by misspsycho, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Is there anyone who knows how to download video clips from youtube so I can show on intractive whiteboard. I found video clip from Psychexchange which seemed to link to youtube and I would like to use. A Zamzar screen came up asking which files I want to convert into.....I don't know which file type I want...... I have tried about 4 puting in email and keep getting email messages there was error in converting.....not sure what to do now.
    I am not good with new technologies........but I am trying to learn.........please help

2. Is there anyone who knows how to download video clips from youtube so I can show on intractive whiteboard. I found video clip from Psychexchange which seemed to link to youtube and I would like to use. A Zamzar screen came up asking which files I want to convert into.....I don't know which file type I want...... I have tried about 4 puting in email and keep getting email messages there was error in converting.....not sure what to do now.
    I am not good with new technologies........but I am trying to learn.........please help

3. It may not be an error with file types (which file type are you trying to download to?). Some (mainly commercial copyrighted) videos you can watch on Utube are "locked" against downloading by the type of program you're using - if you're repeatedly getting a "download error" this could well be the case...

4. you can install Vdownloader free on your computer which helps you download the stuff on youtube. Just google in Vdownloader. Put the clip on a memory stick as it takes up a lot of space on your computer.

5. There is a fantastic resource for this - and it's free. It may be similar to the last one suggested. Google 'free flv converter'. Download and explore. You can search all videos, not just Utube. Once you've converted and downloaded clips you want you can put them on a memory stick and download at school - so it's brilliant if your school system blocks Utube like mine does.

6. Thanks kind people,
    I was feeling very fed up yesterday, and felt overwhelmed by technology! I am going to have a go at your suggestions over the weekend when not under time pressure. I have asked and now found out my school also blocks youtube and so that may have been the problem. I had not known as had not tried to download before as only just got interactive whiteboard installed over summer. Thanks for offering help.

7. youtube videos are poor resolution and become worse when converted to another file type. Your school should easily be able to unblock your access to youtube without affecting anyone else. I tried last year to put converted copies of videos onto our intranet so students could view them in college, but the amount of time and effort involved just wasn't worth it.

8. go to kissyoutube.com
    and paste the address of the video you want to download