1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

need help applying

Discussion in 'Primary' started by manashasheikh, Apr 23, 2019.

1. manashasheikh

manashasheikh New commenter

good morning everyone,

i am a teaching assistant recently qualified, if possible can i get advice on how to get into schools. I'm very passionate about working in schools and i could see myself becoming a teacher.

2. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

Look for jobs advertised on your local authority web site or on tes jobs and apply to those you think will suit you. Visit the school.
    Have you completed any voluntary work in local schools as that is often a good way in if a job comes up.

You may get more responses if you post this on teaching assistants rather than primary.

manashasheikh likes this.
  3. manashasheikh

manashasheikh New commenter

Thank you so much wotton for the advice, yes I have got 1 year of work expriance and I have worked on one to one with a SEN child.

4. SteffenCarter

SteffenCarter New commenter

If you have qualified as a teaching assistant & also have 1-year experience then it will help you to apply in school.
    First, you have to create an impressive CV & then you should apply for a teacher job in school.