1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

need funding for an MA

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by buddhist, Jun 12, 2012.

1. I really want to do an MA in philosophy in education at heythrop. The course is geared towards teachers of A level philosophy but also to those interested in developing p4c and similar philosophical methodology to the whole school and whole curriculum. Does anyone know of any funding sources for this kind of thing

2. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

3. You can get professional career development loans, but otherwise it is very dfifficult to find anything for Post graduate study. I did my MA in Theology a couple of years ago and after hours and hours searching for funding I ended up self funding. Cost me a few thousand pounds, but it was worth it as I managed to get a good job in a private school as a result.
    Good Luck!

4. I did an MA in Religious Education with Warwick 2 or 3 years ago now and it was part fundedby the TDA. I got another set of funding from my diocese so was laughing as it only cost me about £350 in the end.

Not sure if it TDA stuff was just specific to that course but worth looking at.