1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need an excuse to get out of hen do, in middle of ivf

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by fairy78, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Hi Star. I've been fortunate not to have to go through IVF, but have to say if I did, I would feel the same way as you about a Hen do. Fun though they are, I'd be a nervous wreck. Could you not say you're going into hospital for another reason - like wisdom teeth extraction? Or just something non-specific like "investigations" - thinking along the lines of a cystoscopy or other type of camera jobby. If it were me, I'd be inclined to say I was going into hospital for a procedure and not specify what - who'd be nosy enough to ask details?

2. I agree with beckyrstone - go for the half truth approach and say that you are going to be going into hospital immediately prior to the hen weekend and so you are not certain whether you are going to be in a fit state to go on the weekend. Better than having to pull out later on when things like hotel rooms/restaurants/strippers [​IMG] have been booked.

Best wishes and good luck with your IVF

3. I'm currently undergoing IVF and we have a couple of things (birthdays) going on in the next few weeks. Some people know so that's OK but if I was in your position I'd perhaps use the hospital appoint (a laparoscopy I had had me out of action for a good few days...), wisdom teeth, ingroing toe nail??! Good luck!

4. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I'd go. You need as much distraction and normality as you can, in my experience!