1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need an Excel Spreadsheet fixing?

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by valed, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Now, I know you teacher types use Excel lots for your Data Analysis, Target-Setting, Lottery Results Checking etc.....
    And, there are times when you can't get Excel to do what you want....
    ... so, as I am otherwise engaged nowadays, I thought I would try and help....
    Drop any enquiries here and I'll try to help you out... [​IMG]
    By all means, email me but outline the problem here still so others can engage
    Cheers [​IMG]
    email mrvaled@btinternet.com

2. Now, I know you teacher types use Excel lots for your Data Analysis, Target-Setting, Lottery Results Checking etc.....
    And, there are times when you can't get Excel to do what you want....
    ... so, as I am otherwise engaged nowadays, I thought I would try and help....
    Drop any enquiries here and I'll try to help you out... [​IMG]
    By all means, email me but outline the problem here still so others can engage
    Cheers [​IMG]
    email mrvaled@btinternet.com

3. maths126

maths126 New commenter

Hi Valed,
    I'm trying to create an Excel macro that will write sermons for me.
    Example: Sermon Theme "Laziness" as INPUT$
    Run VBA Script
    • Google "Sermon on" & INPUT$
    • Select first hit
    • Copy
    • Paste
    End VBA Script
    [​IMG] Only joking!
    What you are offering is brilliant and I hope others take you more seriously than me!
    Cheers [​IMG]

4. Cheers, mate! [​IMG]

5. someone did a massive Excel sheet a while back for both Edexcel papers. When you entered in their scores for both papers (question by question) it analysed their performance and gave some info about how they gained/lost marks in some areas. Like good at Handling Dat but weaker at Algebra.
    I could never get it to work!
    I've had a look at Results Plus but that doesn't give a whole cohort analysis question by question, or at least it didn't.

But that's a big job! Every time there's an exam the links for Q1 to algebra instead of Q1 to Numbe would have to be changed.....

6. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

pipipi I remember people commenting on that spreadsheet on the forum, saying how good it is - sounds like it worked - might be worth asking questions here. AQA also have rather nice spreadsheets for each exam - they sound very similar.

7. GoldMaths

GoldMaths New commenter

Was this it https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Edexcel-Foundation-Nov-2011-6067805/?

If so I would love anyone to improve it, and or create the same thing for June 2011 Paper......

8. GoldMaths

GoldMaths New commenter

There is a "Data" sheet you need to copy and paste the results onto this page assuming your excel foundation should work perfectly.

9. no, there was definitely an Edexcel higher version. Very similar set up though

10. Blimey!
    Me thread's been hi-jacked!

11. Sorry Valed.

How about doing a spreadsheet linking us to other spreadsheets. Or just a webpage? I think someone did that to Bob Bridges' list years ago.

12. Thanks for the link to the higher paper, that's the one (that didn't work for me)