1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need advice

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Shabas, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Looking for an answer - can anyone help? I am in a privileged position to have 2 offers of 2 excellent schools for my son's secondary schooling. One is fee paying and local, the other is a state school (one of the top in the country) and 1 hour bus ride away. What to do ...? Part of me thinks how crazy to pay for an education when my son can get the same for free elsewhere. But then there is the 7 o'clock bus ride every morning! This would alter our style of life and i may have to give up teaching for a while to support. That scares me as i love my job (most of the time) and feel quite scared at the prospect of nothing ....
    HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP
    I need to decide by Monday

2. Looking for an answer - can anyone help? I am in a privileged position to have 2 offers of 2 excellent schools for my son's secondary schooling. One is fee paying and local, the other is a state school (one of the top in the country) and 1 hour bus ride away. What to do ...? Part of me thinks how crazy to pay for an education when my son can get the same for free elsewhere. But then there is the 7 o'clock bus ride every morning! This would alter our style of life and i may have to give up teaching for a while to support. That scares me as i love my job (most of the time) and feel quite scared at the prospect of nothing ....
    HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP
    I need to decide by Monday

3. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

Personally I would go for the state school. What happens if you are not able to pay the fees 2 years down the line for some reason? I doubt your son would get the offer of that state school again.
    What does your son think about it?

4. He is keen to go but at the age of 10 i am not sure he understands fully the implications of a 2 hour commute each day?