1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need advice please

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by salohalley, Nov 20, 2018.

1. salohalley

salohalley New commenter

I don't know if I'm being too sensitive or not so wondered if anyone could give me some advice . The head of SENCO offered me a job working with a boy who hates school and often runs out of the class . I have been working with him the last two days . I've tried to be as positive as I can and he will not do any work and still wanders out of the classroom. Anyway two members of staff have said how easy he would be to turn around and I need to make it as fun as possible. I took that on board . After I left the room I overheard them say how I don't smile ! And that there isn't any point me being there as members of staff still have to go and get the child when he runs out ( which they haven't) obviously I am feeling really upset and useless right now. I think it's unfair I've only been doing the job two days and had no support. Can anyone help as feel ready to give up. I dont want to fail the child