1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need advice please!

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by tigerbaba, Apr 1, 2012.

1. tigerbaba

tigerbaba New commenter

Just about to sign a compromise agreement immediately after the Easter holidays but feel very strange to go back to school. No exact date has been finalised and all the relevant people are happily on holidays and I am going through hell! Can't even apply to supply now as I don't know my dates of availability. Has any been in similar situation? What should I do? Just feel like throwing it all in the bin! My inspiration is almost gone!

2. tigerbaba

tigerbaba New commenter

Just about to sign a compromise agreement immediately after the Easter holidays but feel very strange to go back to school. No exact date has been finalised and all the relevant people are happily on holidays and I am going through hell! Can't even apply to supply now as I don't know my dates of availability. Has any been in similar situation? What should I do? Just feel like throwing it all in the bin! My inspiration is almost gone!

3. I would apply for supply now - so that you are processed ready to go as soon as you are available..
    Also, please be aware that if the date on our CA is not last day of Spring Term or April, potential employers may well figure out that you have taken a CA.

4. tigerbaba

tigerbaba New commenter

Thank you Miss Pious. I do know that potential schools can read 'between lines' but I don't have to tell them that I m leaving before the summer term. Meanwhile it will be possible to do supply. Presently I need to heal myself from feelings of failure and inadequacy. Managers have very little ideas about what happens to you inside! Take care.

5. lrw22

lrw22 Occasional commenter

You're being really brave to go back after easter and carry on working at that school so give yourself a big pat on the back.
    Start researching and approaching supply agencies now and at least you'll feel like you're looking to the future. Also make sure you treat yourself and do some nice things during this holiday.

6. I hope that the OP is not still working.
    One of the major points of a CA is that the relaitonships beywen employer and employee has broken down to the extent that there is no way to continue. As such it would be inappropriate to still be attending the workplace.
    I would suggest enjoying the Easter holidays and enjoying the pay packets until you receive the CA. Yes it is great to have somehting up your sleeves for post-Hell High, but the best you can do is to get the ball rolling and let pastures new find you....

7. tigerbaba

tigerbaba New commenter

Thanks very much friend. Oh all your kind and reassuring words make me feel confident and hopeful. I probably won't be able to go back. I will now register with some supplies and be positive. It does take some time for wounds to heal. Keep writing to me and thanks again.

8. lrw22

I did think it was odd that the OP was still working.

9. grrmummy

grrmummy New commenter

I too wish you all the best [​IMG]

10. tigerbaba

tigerbaba New commenter

sorry what does OP mean?

11. lrw22

Original poster.......................................in this case you! [​IMG]