1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need advice for pregnany and nqt year

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by katie_platt92, Jun 4, 2019.

1. katie_platt92

katie_platt92 New commenter

Hi I need a little bit of advice. I'm starting my NQT year in September at a new school and have been told that my NQT year is temp but this will hopefully lead for a permanent position. However if I was to get pregnant and have to leave for maternity during this year, would I go back to the same school to complete my nqt year? Also would I still get paid maternity leave? I've been working for the same council for the past 4 years (at a different school). Trying to figure out a few possibilities.

Thank you

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

You can complete induction in different schools. Maternity leave will depend upon whether your work in different school amount to recognition of continuous service by the LA. I f you have been in academies then service is not continuous. Contact LA HR dept.to confirm our status. You can choose to delay the induction check statutory guidance or union for advice