1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need a non-religios Xmas play for 3-6 years

Discussion in 'Music' started by eyhorne, Sep 28, 2018.

1. eyhorne

eyhorne New commenter

Hi all,
    I have been asked to find a non-religious play/musical for my early years children (Nursery,Reception) as there are some Jehovah's Witnesses in the class and the parents want them to take part but it cannot be about Jesus. I have found a few but not yet inspired - has anyone done/know of a winter themed one? Will end up writing my own I think at this rate! Thank Beccy

2. Sir Cumference

Sir Cumference New commenter

3. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

Jehovah's Witnesses abstain from celebrating religious holidays (the holidays themselves, not just the religious aspect), so I'm not sure anything about Father Christmas would be acceptable either.

How about this one? https://www.outoftheark.co.uk/snowman-at-sunset.html?category_id=148
    I have done other Out Of The Ark musicals (not this one though) and they work well for little ones.

4. PGCE_tutor

PGCE_tutor New commenter

I had a little girl from a JW family who wasn't allowed to take part in our play about Christopher Columbus being put on at Christmas time. Their argument was that if it wasn't Christmas we wouldn't have been doing the play. Pointing out that we also put on a play at the end of the summer term made no difference.

5. Englishpath

Englishpath New commenter

How are JW with fairies, Santa and stuff like that? If they don't mind, I would suggest Let it snow. It starts with the teacher and pupils writing a letter to Santa asking for the snow to help the polar bears. More details are available here [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions] and there is a new website where it can be purchased with immediate download
    [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]