1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Need a name for our topic

Discussion in 'Primary' started by missh27, Apr 15, 2011.

1. After SATs week my school is starting a topic of each class having a decade and each class will be doing work on a certain decade.
    <h5>On my corridor is my Y5 class, a y5/y6 class and a y6 class, and for the display board that yousee when you first enter the corrifor we want something along the lines of</h5>are you ready to go back in time?
    it will be from the 60's to the 20's
    This is becuase we are having an open day in June so we want our corridor to look good
    What could we have as our title for the display board?
    Also I have the twenties and thirties, the title for mine I need help with
    So far I have the roarding twenties, but what describing word can I have for the thirties?
    I hope this makes sense :)
    Miss H

2. After SATs week my school is starting a topic of each class having a decade and each class will be doing work on a certain decade.
    <h5>On my corridor is my Y5 class, a y5/y6 class and a y6 class, and for the display board that yousee when you first enter the corrifor we want something along the lines of</h5>are you ready to go back in time?
    it will be from the 60's to the 20's
    This is becuase we are having an open day in June so we want our corridor to look good
    What could we have as our title for the display board?
    Also I have the twenties and thirties, the title for mine I need help with
    So far I have the roarding twenties, but what describing word can I have for the thirties?
    I hope this makes sense :)
    Miss H

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

I don't know if there ia a widely recognised nickname for the thirties - certainly the 20s were roaring.
    What about the thrifty thirties? It was the time of the great depression, so money was very short.
    General title - The Time Tunnel?

4. turbulent thirties

5. ooh i like that one

6. kerrytd

kerrytd New commenter

Could you theme it around Dr Who? Tardis Time Travel? For the display board you could have a 3D model tardis with the door open and pictures/information/children's work spilling out of it. You could dress Dr Who up in different outfits showing the fashion through the decades and think about what 'baddies' he may meet on his travels to defeat!
    Not sure if this is of any help - sounds like an interesting project though.