1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NCETM Department Workshops

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by scentless_apprentice, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Does anyone use these materials from the NCETM?
    I want to make our meetings as a department more constructive, and being a new HOD I thought they might give more structure to our fortnightly get-togethers.
    Thoughts?

2. Does anyone use these materials from the NCETM?
    I want to make our meetings as a department more constructive, and being a new HOD I thought they might give more structure to our fortnightly get-togethers.
    Thoughts?

3. September

September New commenter

i do. I find them useful depending on what i want to focus on at the time. We have dept meeting every fortnight and I try to make sure that they are not overloaded with admin and us them to do training and to try out different resources, develop the schemes of work. There are so many of the department workshops to choose from that you will definitely find something of use. They are good for INSET days as well. i try to use at least three in a year.

4. I do.
    Good idea.
    There are some annoying mistakes in them in places but it doesn't really matter in the context of a departmental meeting.
    I prefer getting staff to talk about good stuff they've done. But you can kind of combine the two by using this as a context which will prompt them to talk about how they teach the topic up for discussion.