1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NC links - Whole school planning - What Ofsted want to see...

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by sfm_81, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Hi all, this is my first time posting in this forum. I'm going to be co-ordinating a key stage in a school for the first time in September and am looking to get a few things clear in my mind before I embark upon going through all the planning for the KS and so on...

What do Ofsted want in terms of planning? I know schools can decide how best to plan (medium terms, long terms etc.) but what about the National Curriculum links? We use for example, the Numeracy Strategy and Hamilton Trust Literacy - this might sound daft but do we actually need to have documented somewhere what the NC links are? For example, En5a etc. ?

If an inspector came to see me as KS leader and I showed him the MT plans for each subject plus my own class lesson plans that are annotated and reflected upon etc. is that going to be enough? I keep thinking that the NC must be explicitly referenced throughout all planning, or how else would Ofsted know that we are covering the NC? What do you think?

Thanks for reading.

2. Does anyone have any advice on this? :)

3. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

As long as you can prove that you're covering the NC they're happy. Subject inspections are a different matter entirely. Having had 2 in different schools, I found that the subject inspectors expected ridiculous levels of planning etc. Particularly galling if it's a foundation subject and the school has other major issues to deal with but such is life.