1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Navigating through a forum

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Geoff Thomas, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

Is there a simple way of moving from the thread one is currently reading to the next or to the previous one in the forum, without going via the forum menu?

2. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Geoff Thomas

You can use the breadcrumb navigation at the top and bottom of the page to take you to the sub-forum, main forum landing page, and the Community home page, for example:

upload_2015-10-27_13-51-51.png

If you prefer, you can select forums or threads that you wish to watch by clicking on the Watch Forum or the Watch Thread buttons:

upload_2015-10-27_13-56-38.png

This will save all the forums or threads that you have selected so that you can view them the next time you visit the forums by clicking the My Forums and My Threads buttons in the sub-navigation bar in the top right-hand corner under your username:

upload_2015-10-27_13-55-17.png

I hope this helps.

3. Geoff Thomas

Thanks Rosaline, but not really.

My question was about moving smoothly through a forum which I have already entered.

4. TES_Rosaline

You're welcome @Geoff Thomas.

You can't move from one thread to another without going back to the forum landing page. You could open a new tab for each thread that you want to read in your browser and then flick between those tabs to read each thread. There is no function to click into a new thread after reading the current one you have open.

5. Geoff Thomas

Thanks again for the reply.

If anybody is looking for possible improvements, maybe you could add this to the list.

6. TES_Community

TES_Community Administrator

Thank you for your suggestion @Geoff Thomas. This will be passed on to the development team.

7. TES_Rosaline

You're welcome @Geoff Thomas.