1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Naughty Bus!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by GemsEYFS, Jan 23, 2011.

1. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

I am a Nursery teacher in a 45 place Full time Nursrey class.
    After research on different texts, i wanted a story as a starting point to help engage my very lively boys! We are bvery boy heavy this year.
    After discussion with the childrne in my class, it seems many of them have never been on a bus and are very excited at the prospect of doing so. I have decided to use the 'Naughty bus' as a starting point for exploration and investiagion for the children. There are so many fantastic drama and speaking and listening opportunities.

I just wondered if any body out there has actually used this text within early years? If so, could you let me know any of the great ideas you have used and how your children responded or any visual resources that you have used
    Thank you
    I think i am going to be more excited than my children ;-)

2. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

I am a Nursery teacher in a 45 place Full time Nursrey class.
    After research on different texts, i wanted a story as a starting point to help engage my very lively boys! We are bvery boy heavy this year.
    After discussion with the childrne in my class, it seems many of them have never been on a bus and are very excited at the prospect of doing so. I have decided to use the 'Naughty bus' as a starting point for exploration and investiagion for the children. There are so many fantastic drama and speaking and listening opportunities.

I just wondered if any body out there has actually used this text within early years? If so, could you let me know any of the great ideas you have used and how your children responded or any visual resources that you have used
    Thank you
    I think i am going to be more excited than my children ;-)