1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Natural Selection

Discussion in 'Personal' started by hs9981, May 31, 2020.

1. hs9981

hs9981 Established commenter

BetterNow likes this.
  2. Symingtons

Symingtons New commenter

Darwin Awards, anyone?

3. hs9981

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...lifted-eased-spread-second-wave-a9539896.html

4. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

Easing the lockdown seems to be going well so far then, no potential issues.

5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Not to mention the journey back off the beach where they're all puffing up a narrow track to a crowded car park.

[​IMG]

Speaking for myself that's the last sort of location in the world I'd consider going to this side of Christmas. Bodes well for the R number doesn't it?

6. gainly

gainly Star commenter

Why do thousands of people flock to beauty spots such as Durdle Door (above) knowing this will happen and social distancing will be impossible?

I was there in February on a walking holiday. We walked along the coast path from near Weymouth to Lulworth Cove in a gale and pouring rain. It was great, even Durdle Door was deserted. I wouldn't dream of going at this time even without Covid.

7. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Incredible photos.

Sally006 and EmanuelShadrack like this.
  8. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

The R number in the South West is already the highest in the country.

9. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

We wanted to go to the sea so we carefully studied the map and went somewhere where we knew there would be no one else. We went early and had the beach to ourselves. Why would anyone choose to go where they knew there were going to be lots of other people? I wouldn't want to go there in normal times, never mind now!

10. hs9981

There are complex family structures in that part of the world, which may have something to do with it.

It's certainly not population density.

11. hs9981

Yes, Blackpool is nice at this time of the year. IF you can avoid the floaters!

12. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Seriously? The TES Forum Outrage strikes again!
    Firstly, it was outside and secondly, most of the people are quite young, and thirdly, if you look really really carefully, you can see they each have their own personal set of cutlery sourced brand new from Tesco Express on the way in.
    So I actually don't know what you're all fussing about-follow the science, fgs!

13. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Three idiots jump off a cliff and injure themselves, hundreds end up herded together while emergency services attend. Interesting set of priorities there.

Sally006 and Lidnod like this.
  14. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I've been there a few times - lovely place.

Weirdly enough I've never been seized by the desire to jump off a 200 foot cliff though.

15. colacao17

colacao17 Senior commenter

I find myself wanting to laugh at these kinds of pictures and then remember that it's actually real.

People really are that stupid.

BelleDuJour and monicabilongame like this.
  16. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Four of them injured themselves badly enough for helicopters to attend, how did that go?

Someone looks like they've really hurt themselves - I'll be ok.
    Those two look like they've really hurt themselves - I'll be ok.
    Those three look like they've really hurt themselves - I'll be ok.

17. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I believe they are all members of the Lemming family.

18. mmm...Milk

mmm...Milk New commenter

One had to be pulled out of the sea bed.

Road in teesdale closed twice because of the volume of cars parked either side of the road, to access a Riverside accessible by an ancient bridge which should only take one person at a time.

The litter will be horrendous.

Bring back budget airline to remove these morans.

19. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

They probably indulge in the same degree of risk in their sex lives and so are likely to have bred before tombstoning leads to a tombstone.

BelleDuJour likes this.
  20. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

Goodness. No one without a death wish would swim in the sea at Blackpool!

We were in the North sea. I've never seen it look so blue.